Sofus and the Moonmachine
Based in COMPANY_BASED
July 14, 2016
Press / Business contact:
The Outer Zone on Facebook
Sofus and the Moonmachine is a prize-winning interactive storybook for iOS. In this mix between a game and a children?s book, kids will venture into a magical world they will never forget. The charming story is inspired by old Nordic fairytales, and the playful world is filled with fully animated creatures, robots and gnorfs. All 19 interactive illustrations are accompanied by unique pieces of music ? exclusively composed for this adventurous experience. Parents can choose to read aloud for their children, like a classic children?s book, or switch to a charismatic narrator. By interacting with the scenes, kids will help Sofus on his dangerous journey and become a part of the story!
Sofus and the Moonmachine was developed over a period of 3 years by The Outer Zone in Copenhagen, Denmark. The vision of Malte Burup, was to create a high quality experience on the app market for kids, inspired by Nordic illustrators, retro synth music and the deep woods of Scandinavia. After one and a half years of development, Malte teamed up with Mikkel, Pelle and Kasper to bring the story to life. The result is a handcrafted, unique and warm-hearted tale, highly loved by the critics, the kids and their parents.
There are far more images available for Sofus and the Moonmachine, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner "Best Visual Design"" - Spilprisen 2016, Denmark
- "Winner "Best Audio Design"" - Spilprisen 2016, Denmark
- "Winner "Best Danish Language Game"" - Spilprisen 2016, Denmark
- "Nominated "Game of the Year"" - Spilprisen 2016, Denmark
- "Nominated "Artistic Achievement"" - Spilprisen 2016, Denmark
- "Nominated "Best Fun for Everyone"" - Nordic Game Awards 2016, Sweden
- ""One of the most personal and artistically ambitious projects seen on Danish soil""
- Spilprisen 2016 jury, Spilprisen at Facebook
- ""Brilliant" "A beautiful book you can read again and again"."
- Mors Apps, Mors Apps
- ""Definitely one of the best choices for tablet entertainment for kids.""
- Eurogamer, Eurogamer DK
- ""Great entertainment for kids and their parents" - 5/5"
- Born i Byen, Born i Byen
The Outer Zone Website
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Writer, Sound Designer
Kasper Sebastian Brandt Jensen